Most dogs and cats over the age of three have some level of dental problems (AVDC, 2016).
Cleaning Your Pet’s Teeth
Dental packs can be purchased from our retail store and come with a finger brush and sample size of pet specific toothpaste.
We advice brushing your pet’s teeth in a calm environment and stop if they become worried. Follow these steps for brushing your pet’s teeth:
- Show your pet the finger brush; allow them to sniff and examine it.
- When they are comfortable, apply a pea size amount of toothpaste to the brush and allow them to sniff.
- When ready, apply a pea size amount to the brush and slowly work your finger around their mouth.
- Move your finger in small circular motions around each tooth.
- Don’t forget the back teeth.
- Praise and reward your pet once finished.
You should aim to brush your pet’s teeth daily.
How To Clean Your Pet’s Teeth
Chrissi Harris demonstrates how to clean your pet’s teeth