Smallholder Contract Scheme
Scarsdale Vets have a smallholder membership scheme to enable smallholders to access a scaled-down version of the larger-scale farm contracts. The following is an outline of what is involved in the scheme:
Membership payment is just £20 monthly, and gives you:
- A visit to renew Herd/Flock health plan and discuss worming and vaccinations. There will also be 1 other visit for any other reason within normal hours (charges for time and/or procedures will apply)
- 3 Worm egg counts to check pasture build up over the summer
- Reduced visit fees
- Reduced wormer prices
- Vaccines against clostridial disease for up to 25 animals. This can be used for a yearly booster or 1st dose of a primary course
All the above are per client, per year.
There will also be invitation only meetings for our members, these will be run quarterly and will include things such as: –
- ‘Ask the Vet’ evening, email in any questions that are concerning you and have a group discussion about these on the night
- Chirping Chickens and other poultry
- Caring for the geriatric animal
- Pig care
If you require more information about joining the Smallholder Club, please contact the Markeaton practice on 01332 294929.