We are holding a dog blood donation day on Saturday 21st April.
The session will be run by the Pet Blood Bank, who will be at Pride Veterinary Centre from 10am-4pm. Please contact Pet Blood Bank to register your interest and arrange an appointment slot.
Blood Donation Criteria
Dogs must meet certain criteria to safely donate blood:
- Aged between 1 and 8
- Weigh over 25kg (55lbs) lean bodyweight
- Be in good general health
- Be up to date with their vaccinations (please note: your dog cannot give blood up to 14 days after their annual booster vaccination)
- Not be taking certain medications
- Have no history of seizures, heart murmur or fainting episodes
- Have no history of overseas travel
- Have not received a blood transfusion
- Have a good temperament and can lie quietly for a tummy rub for 5-10 minutes while blood is being donated.
To find out more about pet blood donation visit the Pride Veterinary Centre website.
To register your dog, please email firstname.lastname@example.org