Please note this advice is correct at time of publishing and is subject to change at very short notice as the situation develops.
Latest update: 25 March 2020
Advice For Equine Clients
Please read our latest advice for equine clients here.
Advice For Farm Clients
Routine work on farm will continue at present.
If you fall under any of the following categories, we would request that you are not present at the visit:
- You are self-isolating
- You are showing symptoms of a temperature of 37.8C or above or a cough
- You have been in contact with anyone showing the symptoms highlighted above
- You have recently travelled to a high-risk country
In accordance with suggestions from the World Health Organisation, we would request payments be made by card over the phone as opposed to with cash.
Clients Visiting The Practice
To reduce the amount of social contact for our staff, we ask you to please adhere to the following guidance that we have put in place.
If you are visiting reception (with or without an appointment) we are only allowing one client in reception at any time, up to the barrier zone.
Drug Collections At The Practice
We will continue to supply drugs to clients during this time.
If no payment is required, drugs will be left at the front door during working hours.
If you need to make a payment, please only send one person into the practice, up to the barrier zone in reception. Card payments are preferred.
TB Testing & APHA Surveillance
TB testing will still continue in its current form. We are currently awaiting guidance from APHA
All upcoming events have been cancelled or postponed until further notice. This includes:
- Spring Quiz
- Lambing Courses
- Alpaca Birthing Course
- Mastering Medicines
Protocols In Practice
We have a number of protocols in place to protect our staff and clients both in practice on Markeaton Lane, and when out on visits:
- We request that you do not come into the practice or book a visit if you are feeling unwell, this includes a cough or cold.
- If you do cough or sneeze, please cover your nose and mouth with a tissue. Our staff will direct you to the nearest bin if you are in practice.
- Please wash your hands and use sanitiser afterwards.
- We will avoid shaking hands with you for both your and our safety.
- When visiting the Markeaton Lane practice, please use the hand sanitisers supplied when you arrive. If you don’t know where they are located, please ask one of our Client Care Advisors
- We would prefer it if you could pay with a card, rather than with cash as suggested by the World Health Organisation.
- When booking a visit, our team will ask you a number of questions to ensure that our staff members are safe from the risk of infection.
- We have robust internal procedures in place should a member of staff feel unwell or who are at risk of contracting COVID 19. This is to ensure the least risk possible for the spread of the virus.
We appreciate your patience and understanding at this time