This gorgeous little lady is Isla the pug. Isla came in a few weeks ago as an emergency. Her owners saw her chewing something and when they went to investigate she swallowed it, so they brought her straight in to Pride Veterinary Centre.
X-rays revealed a needle and so Isla was taken for emergency surgery. Isla was incredibly lucky that the needle had made it to her stomach. If it had lodged in her oesophagus she would have needed even more invasive surgery to remove it. Isla is also lucky her owners saw what happened and brought her straight in. If she had bee n left the needle could have perforated her stomach or intestine making her very poorly.
Isla had surgery to remove the needle from her stomach and recovered very well. Her owners report she is back to her bouncy normal self!! Here she is still looking very sleepy but impossibly cute after her surgery.