Accidents can happen at any time, it is important to be ready for any eventuality.
First Aid is precisely that. They’re the first steps to providing aid for your pet.
Top First Aid Tips
- The aim is to prevent damage, not cause it.
- If a pet becomes distressed, STOP.
- Always follow up any administration of first aid with a check-up with your vet.
- Never give human medicines to animals.
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others around you.
- Make sure you keep calm and assess the situation.
- Distressed or injured animals may demonstrate behavioural traits not usually associated with them so speak quietly and reassuringly to your pet.
- Move slowly to prevent any further distress and stay in view of your pet.
- Always phone ahead and contact your vet as soon as possible.
- Do not try to manage serious situations on your own.