The Scarsdale Veterinary Group Farm Unit offers all the services one would expect from a progressive farm animal practice with the addition of the expertise of the UK's newest Vetererinary School. This enables the practice to offer individual animal and farm consultancy on all levels and for all problems.
Some of the services currently offered by the unit include:
- Phone access to farm vets 24/7
- One of the most highly qualified farm veterinary units in the country
- 24 hour emergency cover for all our farm clients irrespective of distance.
- 9 full-time veterinary surgeons concentrating 100% on farm work.
- 7 portable ultra-sound scanners for routine fertility visits.
- Full on-site laboratory back-up, making results available for indivdual farm cases available within 2 hours for some cases allowing more accurate treatment and prognosis.
- Computer analysis of any form of dairy records to allow detailed investigation of all aspects of farm performance.
- Regular cell count analysis reports and anonymous local league table results to allow comparison of key economic factors.
- Regular evening meetings for seperate dairy, beef, sheep and small holder clients.
- Wide range of farm drugs stocked at internet prices
- Local drug pick-up points (Alfreton, Burton, and Lichfield), or deliveries if delayed
- Difficult breeder programme—no pregnancy, no fee
- Bull & ram fertility testing equipment
- Proactive health planning and ‘Choose to Thrive’ beef and dairy systems
- Interherd / Herd Companion analysis, Dairy Co mastitis plan
- A comprehensive range of sheep veterinary services
- Scarsdale Healthy Hoof Programme for total lameness control on your farm
- Foot trimming service